If you’ve been following news coverage of the legal job market lately, you may be aware of a new development in legal hiring. In recent years, more and more companies have been willing to hire early-career attorneys to work in their in-house legal departments who are either new graduates or have just a few years’ experience. Gone are the days when landing an in-house position requires several years of prior law firm practice. So how can law students take advantage of this emerging trend and best prepare themselves to go in-house immediately or shortly after graduation?
- Choose Your Law School Classes Wisely
- Network with In-House Lawyers
- Get an In-House Internship
- Consider What Type of In-House Position Interests You Most
- In-House Careers are Becoming a Reality for New Grads